The Texas County Sheriff’s Department is the location to apply for a Conceal Carry Weapons Permit (CCW).
To Begin Process
Call the Sheriff’s Department at 417-967-4165 and pressing menu option 4 to make an appointment. The office for CCW is located in the jail lobby at the Spruce Street entrance.
- Applications/Renewals & Transfers an appointment is suggested.
- Call: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM.
List of items you need to bring with you to your appointment:
- Valid Photo I.D. with current address
- Certificate of completion from your instructor
- Money Order/Cashier’s Check for $78.00 made payable to the Texas County Sheriff’s Office (T.C.S.O.)
$35.00 Cash only – Exact Change
Transfer from Other Counties/States:
$10.00 Cash Only – Exact Change
- Contact the Sheriff’s Department within 30 days of moving into the county/state
- Bring prior/original paperwork
Traveling with Firearms/Conceal Carry Weapons. The link provided is a guide to each state. Laws may change; therefore, you should check with the proper authorities before transporting firearms in any state.